Michigan State wants Bama.
The Spartans open the Phil Knight Invitational in Portland with a Thanksgiving matchup against the No. 18 Crimson Tide. From there it’s off to two more undecided opponents on Friday and Sunday in one of Michigan State’s toughest planning stretches of the season.
- Check out the Michigan State Spartans FuboTV (7-Day Free Trial)
- Who: No. 12 Michigan State (3-1) vs. No. 18 Alabama (4-0)
- When: 10:30 p.m. ET on Nov. 24
- Where: Moda Center, Portland, Ore.
- Last line: Alabama-1
- Visit MLives home bets for the latest odds and sports betting promos
TV network: ESPN
- FuboTV (7-Day Free Trial): Stream live sports and TV with ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN and top channels wirelessly. DVR included. Start watching for free. No contract, cancellable at any time.
- noose | WatchESPN | Hulu + Live TV | YouTube TV
Big cable providers
- Comcast: Channel 32/202 (HD) | stream
- Spectrum: channel 34/773 (HD) | stream
- Court: Channel 140 | stream
- DIRECTV: Channel 209 | stream
*Channel numbers listed are for Michigan subscribers and may change by region. Check local listings.
wireless network: Spartan Media Network
- Affiliates: WJR-AM 760 Detroit; WJIM-AM 1240/WMMQ-FM 94.9 Lansing; 22 other Michigan-based affiliates listed on MSUSpartans.com
- Live streaming: MSUSpartans.com | iPhone App | Android app
- Satellite: Sirius Ch. 134; XM Ch. 190; SiriusXM.com Ch. 961
• Michigan State and Alabama have only played twice before, beating Michigan State 75-58 in 1998 and beating Alabama 81-69 in 1983.
• Jaden Akins, Michigan State’s sophomore guard, is doubtful for Thursday’s game after injuring his left foot late in Friday’s Spartans game against Villanova.
• Brandon Miller, the Alabama freshman, is averaging 20.3 points per game as the team-best, is second on the team with 9.3 rebounds per game and shoots 51.7 percent from the field. He was named SEC Freshman of the Week on Monday.
• Michigan State will play either Oregon or Connecticut in its second game of the PKI on Friday. On Sunday, the Spartans will play either North Carolina, Villanova, Iowa State or Portland.
• Alabama coach Nate Oats served 11 seasons as the head coach at Romulus High School from 2002-2013 and won the MHSAA Class A state title at the Breslin Center in 2013. He previously coached at Michigan State’s summer basketball camps.
LEFT BEFORE THE GAME
Nate Oats never dreamed of training against Michigan State’s Tom Izzo
Exploring the PKI Field: A Look at Michigan State’s Potential Adversaries in Portland
Michigan State has returned to defense and the results are showing
Michigan’s Jaden Akins is unsafe again after suffering another foot injury
What we learned about Michigan State in four games