The St. Louis Cardinals (19-15) visit the New York Mets (23-13) Tuesday at 3:10 p.m. ET in the opening game of a four-game series.
Neither the Mets nor the Cardinals have yet named a starting pitcher.
The Mets enter this game after losing 8-7 to the Mariners on Tuesday. Brandon Nimmo was 2-for-5 with a double, a triple and three RBI in that loss.
The Cardinals defeated the Giants 15-6 on Tuesday. Paul Goldschmidt led St. Louis and went 3-on-4 to win with two doubles, a home run and three RBI.
Find all the detailed information about this MLB baseball game including date, time, TV channel and how to stream it live online for free. Watch this game live in the USA FuboTV (7-day free trial).
Watch New York Mets vs. St. Louis Cardinals with fuboTV
- Gameday: Tuesday, May 17, 2022
- playing time: 3:10 p.m. ET
- TV: SportsNet NY (regional restrictions may apply)
- Live broadcast: Watch online with fuboTV!
Who are the Mets’ key players?
- Pete Alonso leads the Mets with eight long balls and runs battered and drives in 29.
- Francisco Lindor has six doubles, six home runs and 15 walks while batting at .232.
- Nimmo hits .304 with six doubles, two triples, three home runs and 20 walks.
- Starling Marte hits .259 with eight doubles, a triple, three homers and five walks.
Who are the Cardinals’ most important players?
- Nolan Arenado leads the Cardinals with eight home runs and 29 batted runs while averaging the team’s best batting average of .312.
- Tommy Edman hits .273 with three doubles, two triples, four home runs and 16 walks.
- Goldschmidt leads the Cardinals with a best-team batting average of .312.
- Harrison Bader hits .231 with four doubles, three homers and nine walks.
The last 10 games for the Mets
- In the last 10 contests, Alonso leads the Mets with three homers and eight runs hit.
- In the last 10 games, New York has batted .384 with 2.9 extra base hits per contest.
- New York has put in 4.2 runs per game in their last 10 games.
- New York batters averaged 7.8 strikeouts and 4.3 at-bats per strikeout in their last 10 games.
- In the last 10 games, the New York Pitching Staff’s ERA is 4.50 ERA.
The last 10 games for the Cardinals
- Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in home runs (two) and runs batted in (nine) during the last 10 games while hitting .385 over that span.
- St. Louis bats .468 with 40 extra base hits in the last 10 games.
- In the last 10 games, St. Louis has netted a total of 56 runs.
- St. Louis has had 76 strikeouts in their last 10 games on the record.
- In the last 10 games, the St. Louis pitchers have a 4.30 ERA.
Who is favored to win Mets vs. Cardinals?
- Favourite: Mets (-130)
- In total: 7.5 (Ö: -115 U: -105)
If you want to watch this game live from USA, tune in fuboTV (free 7-day trial streaming).